Bad Wolves’ Tommy Vext accused of assaulting girlfriend


Bad Wolves vocalist Tommy Vext has been accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, fitness model, and personal trainer Whitney Johns.

According to MetalSucks, Johns, who turned 30 on November 29, alleges that Vext, 38, assaulted her numerous times “both during and after the relationship.” She claims that Tommy Vext hit her in the face with enough force to draw blood, dragged her by the hair, and put her in a chokehold for a sufficient amount of time that she nearly lost consciousness, among other accusations. She goes on to say that Vext “knows where I live and I am terrified for my life,” claiming that he has verbally threatened to kill her more than once.

Vext, who replaced Ivan Moody in Five Finger Death Punch during a 2017 tour in Europe, also fronted Snot, the Westfield Massacre, and Divine Heresy. He was fired from the latter band in 2008 after allegedly assaulting its guitarist, Dino Cazares, and Cazares’ then-wife, Jennifer Pagan Cazares.

Johns sought a Domestic Violence Restraining Order against Vext on April 17, 2020.

Johns says that she and Vext dated for nine months and lived together for two weeks.

Johns specifically cites four incidents when she says Vext assaulted her:

On January 1, 2020, Johns alleges, Vext “struck [her] in the face… hard enough that [she] cut the inside of her lip and her nose and [her] lips were bleeding profusely.” She claims that Vext then took her to her home, “refused to leave her residence, then choked her as he verbally threatened to kill her.” Johns“lips were swollen and bruised for the next three days and she was forced to cancel all Client meetings as a result.”

She alleges that he hit her in the face again on January 14.

On February 29, Johns claims that as she was preparing for a photoshoot, she got into an argument with Vext, during which the singer threw water on her face — twice. When she “instinctively scratched Vext in self-defense,” he became angrier and “tackled her to the ground, put his hands around her neck, and choked her while slamming her head into the ground [for] ten to fifteen seconds,” nearly rendering her unconscious. Subsequently, Johns went to stay with her mother in Utah, “as she feared for her life, and missed a week’s worth of work appointments as a result.” This, according to Johns, marked the end of her romantic relationship with Vext.

On April 11, according to Johns’ attorney, Alphonse F. Provinziano, Vext “choked [Johns]‚ dragged her by the hair, and put her in a chokehold until she almost lost consciousness”:

“On April 10, 2020, [Vext] called [Johns] and stated that he wanted to kill himself and begged her to come to his residence. Feeling guilty and concerned, [Johns] went to [Vext’s] residence to console him. The parties watched a movie and [Johns] stayed overnight; the parties were not intimate.

“On April 11, 2020, [Vext] asked [Johns] why they could not resume their dating relationship. [Johns] attempted to leave [Vext’s] residence but he blocked the door and stated he wanted to finish the conversation with her. [Vext] is 6’ 1” tall and approximately 260 pounds.

“When [Johns] attempted to calm [Vext], he mentioned a male friend of [Johns’] and lunged at her. She fell off the couch where she was sitting as [Vext] began to choke her. [Johns] screamed as the windows were open and she hoped that the neighbors would hear her. [Vext] then grabbed [Johns] by the hair and dragged her into his bedroom where he placed her in a chokehold. [Johns] almost lost consciousness when [Vext] appeared to realize what he was doing and let her go. [Johns] quickly collected her belongings and left the residence. [Vext] left visible finger marks on [Johns’] neck, and bruises on her chin and neck. [Johns] suffered from swollen knots on her head and had neck pain for several days after the incident.

“[Johns] immediately went to the local police station which was closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic but called the police who responded with paramedics. The police went to [Vext’s] residence but he had left; when they called [Vext], he stated that he was with his lawyer. An Emergency Protective Order was issued on April 11, 2020, due to this incident, but it could not be served to [Vext] as he could not be located.”

The documents continue:

“In addition to these incidents, [Vext] has threatened to have [Johns] killed, ‘send people after’ her, get her Instagram account, which is a critical part of her business, deleted, and otherwise ‘delete’ her. [Vext] has also left disparaging comments on [Johns’] Instagram account, which is visible to her clients, potential clients and business partners, and fans. (See Exhibit 5: [Vext’s] Comments on Petitioner’s Instagram Account.) Moreover, [Vext] stated to [Johns] that he has a friend in the Los Angeles Police Department who will quash any reports made against [Vext]. Finally, when the couple was dating, they made video recordings of themselves having sex. Respondent has threatened to release those recordings to the wider public.”

A hearing was initially set for May 8 but was continued multiple times both due to both the coronavirus pandemic and requests from Vext’s lawyer, Bruce Moss. The hearing finally took place on November 17.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for today, December 9.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here